Sunday, January 31, 2021

March 2013 Kaleidoscope

 

Sunday, January 31st, 2021

For this week I have my kaleidoscope design I used for the month of March in 2013.  The original image of this was probably a flower of some type.  I’m taking a guess now as I created this eight years ago, but I think I probably opened the original image in Photoshop Elements first and applied some filters to it.  I also enhanced the saturation of the colors.  After editing the flower photo, I opened it in Kaleidoscope Kreator and made the kaleidoscope image.

I next did the same technique in Photoshop Elements that I did on the February image by copying the layer, cropping it with the Cookie Cutter Tool, and then adjusting the colors and saturation.  I did this a second time but smaller as you can see the crop shape repeated in two different colorings of the original layer.  The shape that I used for the crop is called Frame 18, and it is under the Frames Category.  Sometimes I may want to use a custom shape that does not appear in the set of shapes provided in Photoshop Elements.  Those would be shapes that I add to the Shape menu from a third party.  I will go into more detail on custom shapes in future blog posts.  


Image Copyright © 2013 Judith Ahlborn

2 comments:

  1. Good information on the custom shapes. I think that I have some custom brushes that I didn't know how to access. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brushes you can manage with the preset manager like you do with patterns. I don't know why custom shapes are not included there. I will cover this some more in future blog posts.

      Delete