Sunday, January 24, 2021

February 2013 Kaleidoscope

 

Sunday, January 24th, 2021

My next kaleidoscope, the one I used for February 2013, is shown below.  I started with a kaleidoscope that I created in Kaleidoscope Kreator.  I don’t recall what the original image was that I started with, but you would be surprised at what amazing kaleidoscopes can be generated out of most any photo.  The next steps were in Photoshop Elements.  I opened up the image and copied it so that I had two identical layers. 

There is a tool in Photoshop Elements called the Cookie Cutter Tool. In more recent versions it can be found under the Crop Tool.  The Cookie Cutter Tool allows you to crop a layer using any of the provided shapes.  I selected the shape called Ornament 3 to crop my top layer.  I then selected Image>Adjust Color>Adjust Hue/Saturation and adjusted the colors of the top layer so that they contrasted with the original colors of the bottom layer.  If you look closely, you can notice the color changes made on the top layer.  I also increased the saturation on one of the layers which is why you can see the intense pinks and yellows in the overall design.  I then saved the combined image as a .jpg file.


Image Copyright © 2013 Judith Ahlborn

No comments:

Post a Comment