Sunday, January 17, 2021

January 2013 Kaleidoscope

Sunday, January 17th, 2021

So here we go!  I’m going to start showing you the images from all of my past yearly calendars starting with my first one in 2013.  I’ll start off with a little background.  Back in 2012 after my daughter went away to college I started teaching myself Photoshop Elements.  I also had a program called Kaleidoscope Kreator that I purchased at one of the quilt shows.  Along with doing this, I was in the middle of a year long Color Class where we had to create a monthly project using the current color theory being taught.  I began using my kaleidoscope designs for these projects.  I must add that creating kaleidoscopes on my computer was (and still is) very addicting.  I had so many designs that I decided I could also use them to create a calendar for 2013 and use it for Christmas gifts.  The only issue was picking out my favorites.

After saving the kaleidoscopes as jpg files, I opened them up in Photoshop Elements and did a little photo manipulation on them.  For this kaleidoscope, I added a filter and increased the saturation from the original image. 


Image Copyright © 2013 Judith Ahlborn

4 comments:

  1. So fun! Reminds me of a butterfly’s wings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenna! Yes, I agree it does resemble butterfly wings.

      Delete
  2. That's really pretty. Why don't my kaleidoscopes look like that? Did you start with a flower image, than get the "blurry" look through the filter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't recall what kind of image I started with. I believe it could have been a flower, and I may have even done some effects on the original photo before creating the kaleidoscope.

      Delete