Saturday, June 27, 2015

Pattern 94


Saturday, June 27, 2015
Continuing on with my check variations, I used the same two layers I created for my Pattern 93, except I made one small difference.  See my instructions Steps 1 through 6 from my last pattern that I posted yesterday.  Then continue with Step 7 below.


Step 7 - Instead of setting the opacity on the upper layer to 50%, this time I left it at 100%.  Using the Blending Mode drop down list (just to the left of the Opacity Slider bar) I selected Exclusion.  This made the two layers interact in a dramatically different way.  This is what I saved as my new pattern.  Select -> All and Edit -> Define Pattern from Selection.  See my first image below as my finished pattern.

Step 8 - My second image below shows this pattern filled into an eight inch square.


No comments:

Post a Comment