Friday, June 26, 2015

Pattern 93


Friday, June 26, 2015
Here is another variation on the last two checks.  This time I added different colors on each of the two blended layers.  Here is how I created it:


Step 1 - Create a new two inch by two inch file.

Step 2 - Turn your grid on.  View -> Grid.  Set your grid options as follows:  Edit -> Preferences -> Guides & Grid, Gridline every 0.5 inch and Subdivisions 1. 

Step 3 - Using the Rectangular Marquee Tool, draw out two vertical rectangles the length of the square one half inch wide and one half inch between the two selected areas.  Using the Paint Bucket tool, fill these two selections with a color.  I colored mine purple.

Step 4 - Now Select -> Inverse and color the remaining areas with another color.  I colored mine with a golden orange.  See my first image below.

Step 5 - Next duplicate the layer and rotate the new layer 90 degrees right.  Layer -> Duplicate Layer.  Select the new layer and Image -> Rotate -> Layer 90 degrees Right.

Step 6 - Now change the golden orange color to a different color using the Paint Bucket tool as shown in my second image below.

Step 7 - Using the Opacity slider bar on the new layer, set the opacity to 50%, and there is your pattern.  Select-> All and Edit -> Define Pattern from Selection.  See my finished pattern, image three, below. 

Step 8 - My fourth image below shows my pattern filled into an eight inch square.





No comments:

Post a Comment