Saturday, February 14, 2015

Pattern 32


Saturday, February 14, 2015
Happy Valentine's Day!  I guess I should show you a pattern with hearts, but I wasn't thinking about that when I designed this next pattern.  So I am going to go ahead and show this pattern I created with diamonds instead.  Here's how I created it.


I started with a new two inch by two inch file.  Using the Rectangle tool I made a square shape in the upper left quarter of the square (one inch by one inch).  I simplified the layer, and then with the grid turned on I centered it in the canvas with the Move tool.  Keeping that layer selected, I rotated it 45 degrees, Image -> Rotate -> Custom.  Using the Move tool again, I elongated it by dragging the upper handle, and then made it narrower with one of the side handles so that it would look like a diamond.  I then centered it again within the square canvas.  Finally I used my same instructions that I have previously for making it a half drop pattern.  My finished diamond pattern is shown below.


No comments:

Post a Comment