Saturday, January 10, 2015

Pattern 2


Saturday, January 10, 2015
I am going to continue with the simple square kaleidoscopes for awhile so you can see how different they look as repeatable patterns.  For my next pattern, my kaleidoscope was created from an image of a butterfly.  Using the same instructions from my January 7th blog post, I created the following two images.  The first one is the kaleidoscope file resized to a 2" square and the second one is the pattern repeated in an 8" block.


The next pictures gives you an idea how this pattern looks filled into a shape.  The first one shows it as a 2" repeat in a 6" shape, and the second one shows it as a 1" repeat in a 6" shape.  For the second image, I simply resized my original kaleidoscope image to 1" and saved it as another pattern.  You can see how changing the size of the repeat changes the look of how it appears when filled into a space.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment