Monday, December 1, 2014

Patterned Cats


Monday, December 1, 2014

Continuing the theme of my patterned birds and frogs, I decided it was time to do a few cats.  I grew up in a family where we always had a dog, but I became a cat person when my daughter fell in love with her cousin's kitten.  They were looking for a home for it, and we became the lucky recipients.  I've been collecting cute cat things ever since. 

Inspired by the artistry of Jim Shore, I thought I would include some quilt patterns into my cats.  Using a drawing from a Dover coloring book, I patterned it in Photoshop Elements.  I made two of these, one a reverse of the other, but similar in design.  I printed them to fabric, cut them out, and appliqued them on top of a commercial background fabric.

My mother has recently become a cat person as well.  She has one of these pieces hanging on her wall.  I donated the other cat to Maxfund Animal Adoption Center in Denver.  They auctioned it off along with other donated items as part of their annual fundraiser.  I hope it found a good home.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment