Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Art Challenges


Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Another challenge I entered was one about using text in art.  Since my daughter was away at college in New York, we could stay close through texting, and I used that idea for my interpretation of the challenge.  Inspired by the ‘LOVE’ piece of the 1960’s by Robert Indiana, I chose to create a whole cloth design using the letters CO for Colorado and NY for New York.  My piece is titled ‘Closer Than You Think’.

I created the text in Photoshop Elements and arranged them in a fashion similar to the inspiration piece.  I then used the paint bucket tool to fill the letters and the background spaces with colorful patterns.  Since the piece is small enough, I was able to print it on fabric using my home inkjet printer.  I stitched around the letters and also the designs within.  The piece was selected to appear in the August/September 2013 issue of Quilting Arts.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment