Friday, October 24, 2014

Art Challenges


Friday, October 24, 2014

A final challenge I entered in 2013 that was published in Quilting Arts was for the 'Hands' challenge.  Being from a gymnastics and acrobatic family, one of the first things that comes to my mind when I think of the word 'hands' is handstands.  I had my daughter send me a couple of photos of her doing handstands that I could use for my art piece.

I designed the layout in Photoshop Elements and printed the handstand images to fabric on my inkjet printer.  I cut them out and used them to applique to the top of the art piece after I had recreated the background with commercial fabrics, stitch, and paint.  This piece appeared in the December 2013/January 2014 issue of the magazine.  It is titled 'Two Handstands'.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment