Monday, September 29, 2014

Color Class - Transparency


Monday, September 29, 2014

Moving in to 2012, I still had a few color classes to go.  On the tenth piece, I also used my scrapbook program to design the composition.  This piece was about transparency.  In my scrapbook program, you can create shapes and give them a transparency property.   By doing that, I was able to show how the colors in the kaleidoscopes change as you layer another color on top.  The entire piece was printed to four separate fabric sheets on my inkjet printer and stitched together matching the design.  At this point in time, I still only knew about printing to 8.5” x 11” fabric sheets on a home printer.  I had yet to figure out how I could print whole designs on much larger pieces of fabric.  I then fused it to batting and free motion stitched the entire design.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment