Sunday, February 9, 2020

Greeting Cards


Sunday, February 9th, 2020

I'd like to talk some more about documenting, sharing, and gifting your art.  This week I want to discuss greeting cards, or more specifically notecards, the ones that are blank inside.  Rather than purchasing a box of notecards for sending out to say thank you or I'm thinking of you, why not create some of your own personal notecards that have a picture of your art or your quilt on the front.  It is another way you can share your work with those you care about.  Or you can create a set of notecards with a common theme from a series of work and give that out as a gift to someone. 

If you send out cards with your art on it, then you share it with your friends.  If your friends send out cards with your art on it then they share it with their friends.  We are all sending out cards for various greetings anyway, why not use this perfect opportunity to show people what you love to do so much.  And when you make your cards be sure to put your signature on them.

Several years ago I created a store on Zazzle where I have notecards with my calendar art on them.  Each time I finish a series of work, I create a new set of notecards.  They can be purchased one at a time or multiples of a theme to create a set of cards.  I love keeping a stock of these so that when I need to send out a note or a thank you, I have a selection of personal art cards from which to choose.  I hope you will have fun sending out your own personal notecards to your friends, or you can purchase some of mine from my store.  Just go to my store link on my website judithahlborn.com.  Happy Greetings!

No comments:

Post a Comment