Tuesday, December 15, 2015

a la Mucha II


Tuesday, December 15, 2015
Last year I did a couple of pieces in the style of Alphonse Mucha, a Czech Art Nouveau decorative artist.  A fan of his style, I want to do more portrait pieces like that.  Earlier this year, Quilting Arts Magazine announced its 'FaceTime' reader challenge so I used this opportunity to create another portrait of my daughter and enter it.  I am happy to say that the piece I created below was a finalist and I am hoping to see it in the next issue of the magazine.


If you look closely, you may recognize that all of the patterns in the image are ones I have previously posted this year.  I used my Pattern 190 for her top and I used several different 'watercolor' patterns for her hair, the flowers and the leaves.  I was excited to have created all of these patterns as I now have many to choose from when I create pieces like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment