Sunday, November 15, 2015

Three Handstands


Sunday, November 15, 2015
Now that I have showed you all 200 patterns I have created this year, I want to show you some things I have been working on.  To start off the year I decided to create a piece to enter into the SAQA Balancing Act Exhibit that would be introduced at the Houston International Quilt Festival in October.  Since my mother, myself, and my daughter were all gymnasts, the first thing to enter my mind was to create a piece with handstands.  It was a celebration of women in sports and how they must balance their training with all the other demands of a busy life.
Using some photos of my daughter, I designed this piece in Photoshop Elements and printed it to fabric at Spoonflower.  I then stitched and painted it.  Needless to say, I was no less than ecstatic when I learned that it had been accepted into the exhibit.  I recently returned from Houston where I was able to view it as part of the exhibit and see it included in the portfolio book.  I felt very honored to have one of my art pieces included in the Houston Festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment