Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Pattern 181


Wednesday, October 7, 2015
My next series of patterns I actually designed months ago.  I just get on a roll with other designs, that I keep forgetting to go back and write about these and post them.  They are created like my 'Paper Snowflake' patterns, but I drew out the designs freehand using the Brush tool.  Because of that, the patterns look a little more whimsical.  For some of them I created my initial line drawing in an eighth of the square wedge (like you see in my 'Paper Snowflake' patterns), but in others I started with just a quadrant.  I'll let you know which ones are which as I post them. 
This first one was started as a quadrant.  I then only had to copy and flip the design twice.  (Refer back to my detailed instructions for Pattern 81 which I posted on Sunday, May 3rd.)  The saved pattern is a four inch square, so it repeats four times in my eight inch square that you see in my second image below.

No comments:

Post a Comment