Sunday, April 26, 2015

Pattern 72


Sunday, April 26, 2015
My next pattern combines one of my half drop patterns and one of my kaleidoscope based patterns.  If you are new to my blog, I am creating all of my patterns in Photoshop Elements version 10.  Here are the steps to creating this pattern.


Step 1 - Create a new two inch by two inch file.

Step 2 - Select the Paint Bucket tool and with the Pattern box checked in the Options Bar.  I selected my Pattern #38 to fill in the space.  See the pattern from my blog post on February 20, 2015.  My first image below shows this step.

Step 3 - Use the Paint Bucket tool again to fill in the remaining area with my Pattern #1 from my blog post on January 7.  You can see the result of this pattern fill in my second image below.

Step 4 - If you want you can play with the colors a bit.  Enhance -> Adjust Color -> Adjust Hue/Saturation.  See my third image below.

Step 5 - Now Select -> All, and Edit -> Define Pattern from Selection.

Step 6 - The fourth image below shows the pattern filled into an eight inch square.




No comments:

Post a Comment