Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Pattern 49


Tuesday, March 3, 2015
I am going back to vertical stripes, but for this one, I want to create a pattern where the widths of the stripes are not all the same.  This one will still have a basic A, B, C, B, A repeat, but the A's will have a width of an eighth inch, the B's will be a quarter inch, and the C's will be three eighths inch wide.


I again started with a two inch square file.  To create my eighth inch vertical selections, I needed to change my grid settings.  Under Edit -> Preferences -> Guides & Grid, I kept my gridlines at one inch, but I updated my subdivisions to eight.

Using the Rectangular Marquee tool, I drew out my first two selection one eighth inch wide at the number one and number nine positions.  I colored those selections a medium teal green.  I then drew out four quarter inch selections starting at the following positions: two, seven, ten, and fifteen.  I colored those selections a cream color.  My last two selections were the remaining three eighth inch areas which I colored a darker teal green.  That created my overall pattern which you see below.


No comments:

Post a Comment