Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Pattern 43


Wednesday, February 25, 2015
Now I want to do some  other kinds of repeats with my stripes.  I am still working with even widths, but I want to change up the pattern.  This one will have three colors, but the repeat goes like this: A, B, C, B, A, B, C, B, A.  There is a 'B' color on each side of the 'A' and 'C' colors. 


I started with a two inch square file.  I selected quarter inch stripes with the Rectangular Marquee tool.  I started with the first quarter inch on the left and then moved over three quarter inches to create the second part of the selection.  I filled those two areas with dark purple, my 'A' color.  The next color, my 'B' color, required four selections moving left to right:  the second quarter inch, the fourth quarter inch, the sixth quarter inch, and the eighth or last quarter inch.  I filled those selections with the medium purple.  And my last or 'C' color, the lightest purple, went in the remaining two stripes, the third quarter inch, and the seventh quarter inch.  After creating the pattern you see below, I selected all and saved the pattern from the selection.


No comments:

Post a Comment