Monday, February 16, 2015

Pattern 34


Monday, February 16, 2015
I made this little shape of circles last year, and I thought I would turn it into a half drop pattern.  It is not symmetrical in any direction, so I can't use my procedure the same the way I did for simple dots.  For this one I need to first duplicate the motif, split one of them in half from top to bottom and move the top half to the bottom of the square, and then move the bottom half to the top of the square.  With the duplicated motif, I need to split it in half from side to side and move the left half to the right of the square and the right half to the left side of the square. 


I had a little trouble getting this one to line up.  When I filled my eight by eight inch square, the top to bottom circles lined up, but the side to side ones did not.  If that happens, you simply have to nudge one of the sides up or down till it lines up and re-save the pattern.  It took me a few tries on this one. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment