Saturday, November 8, 2014

GOFI Challenges


Saturday, November 8, 2014

The next challenge we chose for the GOFI group was based on a photo of veronica ground cover.  Again, we could use any techniques we wanted, the only requirement was size.

I wanted to do another whole cloth piece by editing the original photo.  I applied some Photoshop filters to the photo and some hue and saturation color changes.  By using the rectangular marquee tool with the grid turned on, I could make perfect square selections randomly throughout the image.  I repeated this type of selection process numerous times, and with each random selection, I altered the colors.  After printing my image to fabric on Spoonflower.com, I fused batting to the back and free motion stitched the piece.  Here is how the finished art quilt turned out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment