Thursday, November 13, 2014

Export Group


Thursday, November 13, 2014

Early in 2013, I was invited to join the Export group, an art quilting group that meets in the Castlerock Library.  The group had just finished an art exhibit at the library, and we would be doing another one at the end of the year.  As part of the 2013 exhibit, we decided we would do a group challenge based on a large 'flattened out' map of the world.  We could interpret our design in any way and using any techniques we wanted.  The only requirements were the size and to include the outline of the globe shape.

My piece was inspired by a picture I had seen on a greeting card.  I designed it in Photoshop Elements and had it printed to one large piece of fabric at Spoonflower.  It turned into sort of a sampler of free motion stitch designs within each of the triangular shapes.  I got many of my stitching ideas from Leah Day's book, 365 Free Motion Quilting Designs 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment