Sunday, October 5, 2014

Learning Photoshop


Sunday, October 5, 2014

I started teaching myself Photoshop Elements by going through all of the exercises in the book Digital Expressions by Susan Tuttle.  By completing each of the lessons, I finally understood how to use layers in my design work.  A lot of the photos that you needed to complete the lessons were included with the book, but some you had to provide yourself.  In one of the exercises you had to ‘cut out’ an image of a lady, add wings behind her, and have her standing in a forest.  I used a photo of my daughter in a dance pose and added some butterfly wings.  I placed her in the forest scene that was provided with the book.  After designing the scene, I decided to print it to fabric and stitch it out.  This is still one of my favorite pieces.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment