Tuesday, October 7, 2014

52 Weeks of Art


Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Back in 2010 I remember watching Quilting Arts TV one day, and the guest was showing some work she had done.  She had completed making a small piece of art a week for a whole year!  I don’t recall who she was, but I have to thank her for inspiring me to do the same.  Although I made a number of pieces in 2011, it was a busy year in other ways and I didn’t start my year of art till January of 2012.  I decided my pieces were not going to be bigger than 8” x 10” so I could actually finish them.  I highly recommend challenging yourself in this way as you will end the year completing things you would have never dreamed of early on.  One piece will lead you to the next and you can experiment with doing things differently than before.  I will be showing you some of my favorite pieces that I designed digitally that year.  The first of these was designed to be 8” x 10”, but in printing it to fabric, my printer jammed and it only partially printed.  Not to waste what I had, I decided it would still work nicely as an 8” x 8” piece.  I created the kaleidoscope first, created three different colorings in Photoshop Elements, and arranged the layout in my scrapbook program.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment