Sunday, May 9, 2021

January 2014 Kaleidoscope

Sunday, May 9, 2021 

First of all let me say Happy Mother’s Day to all of the moms in the world.  May you have a lovely day doing what pleases you and you get to spend some time with your loved ones. 

I’m now moving on to 2014, a new year and a whole new series of kaleidoscope images.  For this year’s calendar, I came up with something new and different.  I got on a roll with this technique and created all twelve months of kaleidoscopes the same way.   

Each kaleidoscope is actually two images.  The lower layer is a regular kaleidoscope created usually with some type of flower photo.  I may have enhanced the colors or added a Photoshop filter to it.  Next, I created a kaleidoscope using a black and white drawing of some type.  I then selected the white part and deleted it.  What was left was just the black, kind of like if we were to cutout snowflakes from black paper.  Depending on how clean the black lines were, some of the white remained along the edges.  That is why you see the white outlines around the black.  I then simply placed the black ‘snowflake’ over the original colorful kaleidoscope, and there you have it!  The combined image looks totally different than either of the two by themselves.


Image Copyright © 2014 Judith Ahlborn



3 comments: