Sunday, March 14, 2021

September 2013 Kaleidoscope

Sunday, March 14, 2021 

Hi Everyone and Happy Pi Day! 

For today’s image, I’m making a guess as to how I created it.  I believe I used the Liquify Filter in Photoshop on the original image before making the kaleidoscope.  The Liquify Filter is not in the Filter Gallery, but it can be found under the Filter Menu under Distort.  If you want to try using it, it brings up a dialog screen showing you the image.  You can select your brush size, pressure, and liquify style.  You can swirl it around or just hold the cursor in one place and let Photoshop do the distorting.  It makes me think of putting a spoon or stick into your image and swirling it around like it was an image on the surface of water.

I then used the duplicate and crop technique I have used in previous kaleidoscope images.  For this one I used a circular crop shape with very soft edge feathering.


Image Copyright © 2013 Judith Ahlborn



No comments:

Post a Comment