Friday, February 27, 2015

Pattern 45


Friday, February 27, 2015
For my next stripe pattern I thought I would challenge myself a little and try a stripe on the diagonal.  It actually turned out to be easier than I at first thought.  It is a simple two color alternating stripe.  By keeping my stripes the same width and sticking to my grid, I was able to create this fairly easy. 


I started with a two inch by two inch square file so that I would have an even number of quarter inch grid sections.  Using the Polygonal Lasso tool, I created 45 degree diagonal selections every other quarter inch on the grid.  Having an even number of selections, I end up starting with one color and ending with the second color which is what I wanted.  That way the pattern repeats and all the stripes line up correctly on the diagonal.  Here is my diagonal stripe pattern below.


No comments:

Post a Comment