Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Pattern 25


Wednesday, February 4, 2015
The next polka dot pattern I made is similar to my last one in that it is also a half drop pattern.  The difference with this one is that I added a black outline around the dot.  I started out the same as Pattern 24 by opening my single pink dot pattern file.  For this one, I shrunk it down a little more so that I would have room to add the outline.  Just for something different, I changed the color to blue, and then under the Effects tab,, I added a black outline.  There are several black outlines to pick from in various thicknesses.  I selected one of the medium ones.


After I added the black outline, I simplified the layer so that it would no longer be an 'effect'.  You can do this by right clicking on the layer and selecting 'Simplify Layer'.  Now I can work with it as I did my last pattern.  Following the same steps as before, I created the pattern you see below.


No comments:

Post a Comment