Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Colors of Autumn


Tuesday, December 23, 2014

After I completed the last piece, and since it reminded me of springtime, I decided to make another one using the colors of autumn.  I had purchased some sunflower fabric awhile back, I'm not quite sure why as I hadn't used any of it yet, but I decided it would be perfect to recreate the floral portrait piece for autumn.

I redesigned the hair in Photoshop Elements on the same face used in the last two pieces and colored it in various shades of red and brown.  I also designed her a new dress and printed her to fabric.  I used a commercial marbled fabric for the background and then appliqued the girl and the sunflowers on top.  I think I will have to make two more, one for summer and one for winter.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment